Is women hating morning sex a thing? Am I supposed to think it’s terrible?
Because I don’t hate morning sex at all. I think it’s bloody brilliant.
Yes, there’s morning breath and no, I’m not wearing my fanciest underwear, but still – screw afternoon delight, I’d rather have a 7am-er. Here are just a few reasons why.
1. You actually feel awake
By the time you get down to sexy time in the evening, you’re exhausted after work and would much rather get an early night than stay up for an extra half an hour moaning and bouncing around.
In the morning, however, you’re well-rested. You’re full of energy. You’re ready to get up and go… or have sex.
2. But you’re still snuggly and cosy
Your bed will never be as comfortable as it is in the morning, when you don’t immediately have to get up and run into the shower.
3. There’s either an imposed time limit…
Needing to leave for work in twenty minutes adds to the sexy urgency of the session.
4. …or you’re free to enjoy a leisurely, laidback morning
Knowing you can spend hours having sex and then lounging in bed is the best.
5. It sets you up for the day
Starting your morning with an orgasm is pretty much guaranteed to make the rest of the day go swimmingly.
6. And it’s much more effective at properly waking you up than a cup of tea or a shower
If you’re feeling a bit groggy, foreplay peps you right up.
7. Once you’re done, you get to clean off afterwards
No feeling a bit sticky and grim. You get to hop in the shower and feel fresh and wonderful.
8. It’s a productive use of time
You’ve already ticked sex off your to-do list (not that it’s a chore, but it is time-consuming) and are now ready to get on with everything else you fancy doing for the day.
9. It’s great to feel sexy without a load of prep
There’s no flirty buildup, fancy makeup, or carefully chosen outfit. It’s just you, in your pyjamas or naked, feeling sexual. Which is splendid.
10. You get to take all those mood-boosting hormones with you for the rest of the day
All the endorphins and oxytocin flying around make you happier, more productive at work, and generally your best self.
11. And you get to think about how great your morning sex was for the rest of the day
Yes, I am replaying those memories on my lunch break.
12. It makes you feel more confident before work
Everyone has done the post-sex strut down the tube station platform.
13. There are no distractions
There’s no decent telly on to watch, no work you need to finish before bed, and no emails coming in from your boss.
14. If you’re up especially early, you feel like one of those super grownup morning people
It’s only 8am and you’ve already had two orgasms. What an overachiever.
15. And you get to see the sunrise
Morning sex is how all those Instagrams are taken, promise.
16. It’s really convenient
You’re both there. You’re both in bed. You’re wearing minimal clothing instead of things with zips and belts. It just makes sense.
17. The lighting is flattering
There’s just enough light coming through the curtains to make you look like you’re in a rom-com.
18. You can do it alone and it’s just as great
Wake and wank.
19. You get to have breakfast afterwards
Sex followed by poached eggs on toast? Pure joy.